Every organization thinks they are different. And in many ways they are. But the principles apply equally to all. So no one size fits all, but there are surprisingly few degrees of freedom, so to speak. This post discusses those degrees of freedom – where choices should be made to best fit the organization doing the adopting.
At the team level
Scrum, Kanban or a blend of both
- cross-functional teams or manage people not on a team with Kanban
At the program level
- how to kick off the adoption (use a planning event?)
- if & how often to do a planning event
- how do we best organize our talent
- where are the product owners for the teams?
- are product managers needed?
At the adoption level
- who is best to lead the adoption?
- at what pace should we go?
This obviously leaves a lot out. I suggest most of what’s left out is somewhat common across organizations. Please provide feedback to tell me what I’ve left out.