I think understanding and living consistently with the following quotes can have a positive impact on any transformation. Please add new ones in the comments:
- People are already doing their best, the problems are with the system.
- It is not enough that management commit themselves to quality and productivity, they must know what it is they must do.
- Only management can change the System (my comment – sometimes the change is to make it so people can organize in an effective way)
- The task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet; but to think what nobody has thought yet, about what everybody sees.
- All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
- “Often reducing batch size is all it takes to bring a system back into control” (my comment – sometimes our gains are more due to decreasing batch size than anything else we do).
- “There Is Surely Nothing Quite So Useless as Doing with Great Efficiency What Should Not Be Done At All”