After being at Agile 2018 I see more hope for people learning how to become more effective in a more effective manner. People were asking questions and fewer were looking for quick, rote, solutions. Of course, my sample was incredibly unscientific and is anecdotal. But I am an optimist.
I know I have a reputation for seeing the negative in things. But my path has always been:
- I look for what is out there that works best
- try it and learn
- when I see a better way go to the creators and work with them to improve it
- keep doing #3 as long as they are engaged
- discuss what would be better in a public forum
- talk about new opportunities
- never give up hope for improvement
- never settle for what you have if things could be better
My commitment is to what works. If you are also committed to that and identify with my approach, I am an open invitation to have a discussion.