One must address the culture of the organization when attempting to improve it. Culture affects Lean-Agile adoptions in several ways. These include:
- How attached people are to their roles. Scrum and SAFe require new roles for people.
- The rate that people want to move forward. If slow, Scrum and SAFe may pose a problem.
- The amount of discipline needed. If high, Kanban may pose a problem.
- How much people will resist a specified approach. If high, Scrum and SAFe may pose a problem
- How much do people already know. If high, standard training may pose a problem.
- How much more do people think they know than they do. Must engage in a discourse with people more than a training mode.
These factors should be included in deciding how one will proceed with any adoption.